Over a century of expertise
Company founder Katharina Loacker began collecting scrap in the Götzis area in 1886, with a goat-drawn cart as her only means of transport.
The company grew steadily by responding quickly to the changing times. Loacker moved into the waste disposal business in the late 1960s, and expanded into waste paper trading in 1977. The commissioning of a powerful shredder in 1986 was perhaps the most important step on the road to becoming a modern industrial enterprise.
The most comprehensive restructuring programme in the company’s history gave it a new look. Sophisticated environmental protection systems were put in place and significant improvements were made in the company’s logistics. Loacker Recycling’s excellent reputation and strong financial performance is due in no small part to its highly motivated workforce.